These I find are popular at Christmas, or Hanukkah. They are fairly easy to make, though they are time consuming. Allow for time to refrigerate the dough for a few hours at the very least. And you will probably have to periodically put the dough back in the fridge while making the cookies. They are worth it though, and they are pretty impressive looking for very little labor.
You Will Need:
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 oz unsweetned chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 48 chocolate kisses (you can use dark kisses for a little less sweetness)
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
Now for the procedure:
- In a medium bowl combine the melted chocolate, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the flour and baking powder. Cover and chill for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, then unwrap the candy
- Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and roll each ball in the confectioners sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until the cookies are crackled on top. While still hot press kiss into center of the cookie point side down. NOW GO EAT UP
**I tried to insert some pictures but I have either lost all ability to work a computer, or the site has stopped allowing it? The first one is probably more likely. But hey if any of you make these cookies, please send me some pictures!